You want a thin phone The Black Shark 4 Pro isn’t a thick phone exactly, but it’s noticeably thicker and a little heavier than the thin flagship phones you can get from the likes of Apple and Samsung. Even if you’re not that big into gaming, you’re getting some pretty killer specs in an awesome package for less than $500 that are hard to match, let alone beat. I don’t see much practical use for the 5MP macro camera, given the niche use case and low resolution. It feels like an easy way for them to advertise having more cameras, while not necessarily having a single great one.
- Dave is a freelance tech journalist who has been writing about gadgets, apps and the web for more than two decades.
- A larger internal storage size will result in a higher score, as the internal storage is crucial for multimedia purposes, among others.
- The gaming smartphone space is exploding with some seriously good powerhouses at competitive prices, so Xiaomi (the company behind Black Shark) needs to do something special.
- That would be remarkable progress and is faster than the claimed speed of Oppo’s 125W flash charge tech that was announced in summer 2020.
The Black Shark 4 is officially confirmed to feature the Snapdragon 888 Chipset. As in the launch event (of Snapdragon 888), it was revealed that the Black Shark will also develop Snapdragon 888 powered smartphone soon. Both devices come with Android 11 atop MIUI 12 pre-installed, which includes all kinds of Black Shark tweaks for gaming performance. Pricing starts ¥2,499 or around $385 for the 8/128GB Black Shark 4, with the Black Shark 4 Pro starting at ¥3,999 or around $615 for the 8/128GB variant. Featuring the full suite of Snapdragon Elite GamingTM technologies, the SnapdragonTM 870 boosts processing speeds by 12% and GPU speeds by 10% for elite mobile performance. Black Shark CEO Luo Yuyu Zhou had said at the Snapdragon Technology Summit that Black Shark would be one of the first manufacturers to carry the Snapdragon 888 flagship processor.
To stock ROM (firmware) celebrate the launch, Black Shark is offering $30 off the purchase price of $479 at AliExpress – use coupon code 30BSSELL. Also, the first 200 orders will get a bonus original fluorescent case, and a Black Shark “Gaming Finger Sleeve” (we are just as clueless about that one, I promise you). If you’d rather order from the official site, the first 100 orders get a free case and fan cooler. While the Black Shark 4 Pro was made for gaming, I wouldn’t go as far as to say that the camera system lags behind significantly. While using the Black Shark 4 Pro as my daily driver, I found it to perform as well, if not better, than what the numbers show.
- Under heavy usage, the Black Shark 4 Pro lasted about five hours in my experience, but trended towards a lower lifespan.
- The back has a frosted finish that’s resistant against fingerprint smudges.
- You can flash Xiaomi Black Shark 4 Android Phone Firmware with Flash tool.
You can make changes not only to flash files/system partitions but also to other partitions such as boot partition or user data. Android phones and tablets are usually much more than operating systems like iOS, Ti zen, or Windows 10 Mobile. If you do not like the firmware installed by the device manufacturer on your Android device, you are free to replace it with your own custom firmware. Android Firmware or Android Flash File ROM is the operating system that must be installed on a smartphone so that the smartphone is switched on and running all the features and applications.